“And I said to my body softly:
‘I want to be your friend.’
It took a long breath and replied,
‘I have been waiting my whole life for this’”
You are warmly invited to join the exclusive pilot programme about “Making Friends with your Body”.
We are taking applications from those who wish to befriend their body and have a kinder, more peaceful relationship with their body, inside and out.
This programme is for you if
♥ You struggle with your body image
♥ You beat yourself up for the way you look or think you look
♥ Your critical voice is constantly judging you
♥ You are rarely satisfied with how you look or feel
♥ You believe you are carrying too much or too little weight
♥ You feel ashamed about your body or aspects of it
♥ You simply want to be happier in your own skin.
We simply ask that you are willing to be as open, honest, and courageous as you can be and to give everything a go in a manner that feels safe and right for you.
This programme is open to anyone who wants to change their relationship with their body. No previous experience of meditation, mindfulness or compassion practice is required. This is not a therapy group. We guarantee an experience that will enlighten and inspire you to make friends with your body and bring more kindness to your body. It will provide skills to move toward your body in a more friendly and compassionate way. It does not promise to ‘fix’ what you think is wrong with your body, rather to bring a kinder approach to living in your own skin and a broader, more compassionate perspective to being human and residing in your unique body.
This is an opportunity to learn skills to stop beating yourself up about your body and make friends with the one body you’ll ever own – yours!
“Take care of your body.
It’s the only place you have to live”
Your experience will be
- 10 weeks training led by 2 qualified and experienced Mindful Self-Compassion teachers
- 90-minute sessions (initially – if this needs to be altered, the willingness to be flexible and attend 30 mins more or less, depending on need)
- Online via Zoom webinar – so you can connect from anywhere in the world, in the comfort of your own home.
- Intimate group – maximum of 12 participants for the pilot.
- Private and confidential group – where your personal emotional safety will be prioritised.
Your commitment will be
- 121 interview for up to 1 hour prior to the course commencing to establish your specific needs and intentions for the programme.
- 10 sessions of 90 minutes where you will learn, share and explore the issues raised.
- Weekly written reflection feedback about the content and skills offered and your experience of them.
- Commitment to regularly practice – completing tasks, reflection and meditation practice -as best you can – in between sessions.
- Provide feedback about the Compassionate Body Programme: content, application, teaching, delivery/learning styles and resources.
- 121 interview for up to 1 hour to assess your experience post-programme
Schedule: Weekly – Wednesdays
Dates: 18 September – 20 November 2019
Time: 7.30pm – 9pm GMT (UK Time)
If you would like to APPLY for a place on The Compassionate Body Programme, simply apply via the ‘Apply to JOIN the Programme Here’ button on this page.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. We will be more than happy to answer your queries as best we can ♥